Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Eat Like an Author: Les Plesko

When most people get bored, they eat. When I get bored, I brainstorm new series and features for the blog, and THEN eat. And not too long ago, as I was brainstorming and contemplating what I wanted to eat, I thought how cool it would be to have a mini-foodie series where authors share the things they like to eat. Photos and recipes and all. And so I asked them, and amazingly they responded, and I dubbed it EAT LIKE AN AUTHOR. 


Last week, Molly Gaudry shared her 6-meals-a-day. 



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today, Les Plesko talks about his love of canned veggies:





I like veggies straight from the can, served deliciously at room temperature or chilled by the fridge. These are Del Monte Mixed Vegetables + Del Monte Fresh Sliced Carrots. I also like the little potatoes in a can and sliced beets, though the liquor store usually doesn't have the latter. Perfect for someone who's too distracted to cook or even boil something and can't be bothered with cleaning up after. Actually, it's a big change from former nightly meals, which have been: bologna from the pack dipped in mustard or my desperation favorite: ketchup sandwiches! Usually I eat the same thing every night for forever until I can never stand to see or taste it again, so I suspect this particular meal will run its course eventually.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Les Plesko is the author of the novels The Last Bongo Sunset, Slow Lie Detector, and Who I Was. He teaches writing at UCLA Extension.

No comments:

Post a Comment