1. Simple but easy to screw up
2. Classy with a scent of trying-too-hard
3. Smooth though also not smooth
4. Best enjoyed in quick, frequent sips
5. Ends with a salty but satisfying taste in your mouth
Vincent Chu’s debut story collection is funny and big-hearted, imbued with a generosity and warmth that reminds us that moments of glory can happen when we least expect it. In eighteen stories that shine a light on people far from champions, Like a Champion is an ode to underdogs and long shots, disappointed worker bees and hopeful lovers, sad office parties and one-sided basketball games. In the words of Kirkus Reviews, "Chu finds ways to turn the everyday into the revelatory."