Sunday, June 3, 2012

BEA here I come...

If you were following this blog last year, you probably saw a few pre-BEA posts from me where I was freaking out about how I wanted to travel (bus vs. car), laying my schedule out, and just being a plain ole nervous nelly.

This year, I'm cool as a cucumber (who comes up with these things, and why do we still use them?) and anxious to just get it all going. I've got a great week planned and the waiting is killing me. 

BEA starts for me tonight. Tara (booksexyreview) and I are kicking things off a night early at the KGB bar for the CCLaP reading. You should totally hit this if you are going to be in the area. Ben Tanzer and David David Katzman (among others) will be reading, Susie from Insatiable Booksluts  - who I'm meeting in person for the first time - and Jessica from Swift Ink Editorial - who I met last year at the Indie Book Event - will be hanging with us, and drinks can easily be had because.. hello... it's a LIT BAR!!

While I am away at BEA, driving Tara and I back and forth each day, drop dead tired with happy exhaustion, this blog will carry on. I've got some cool posts lined up for you this week, so TNBBC won't miss a beat. It'll be like I never left.

If you are at BEA, this won't matter very much, because I am sure, like me, you will be much too busy - meeting and hanging out with amazing bloggers, authors, and publishers - to be checking in on some silly blog. But if you are still home, Armchair BEAing it, well, I hope you enjoy the new content.

Most likely, I'll be back in town on Thursday and recapping my time in NYC by the weekend. In the meantime, if you are traveling, be safe, get to NYC in one piece, and be sure to stop and say hi when you see me! If you are staying home, be well, read tons of great books, and I'll see you when I get back.

1 comment:

  1. Woooo! Have fun! I can't wait to hear about everyone's experiences!

    ReplyDelete