I've pulled together 40ish questions - some bookish, some silly - and have asked authors to limit themselves to answering only 10 of them. That way, it keeps the interviews fresh and connectable for all of us!
Today we are joined by Karlo Petigny. Karlo is a Canadian writer drawn to dark, cinematic stories where ordinary people are trapped inside systems that should not exist. CUSTODIAN EMBEDDED is his debut novel and the first book in The Continuity Cycle.
Why do you write?
Because I have to. I constantly have stories running
through my head, and eventually they have to go somewhere. For years, I
procrastinated because I doubted myself. There are so many great writers out
there. Would my stories be good enough? Would anyone want to read them?
The original idea for CUSTODIAN EMBEDDED came to me fifteen years ago. I
finally decided to write it because I had never read or seen a story quite like
it - especially one built around this kind of preserved presence without
becoming a traditional ghost story.
What made you start writing?
I took a Udemy course on writing and decided it was
time to stop postponing it. Despite my busy work schedule, I made the time and
sacrificed a lot to take the project seriously. I collected my ideas in a
master story bible, organized the entire concept, and started writing.
What do you do when you're not writing?
I ride motorcycles, snowboard, go to the gym when I
can, and play guitar. Music has always been a major part of my life, especially
metal.
What's your kryptonite as a writer?
Starting and ending a book. Starting means facing the
blank page and turning a huge collection of ideas into an actual story. Ending
means deciding when the story is truly finished and letting it go.
Describe your book in three words.
Eerie. Absurd. Dark.
If you met your characters in real life, what would
you say to them?
"Chill out, mate. You are not the one sitting in
that chair."
If you could cast your characters in a movie, which
actors would play them and why?
I would cast Anya Taylor-Joy as Nora. She has the
intensity, intelligence, and unusual screen presence the character needs. She
can communicate fear, suspicion, and dark humor without overplaying any of
them.
If you could spend the day with another author, who
would you choose and why?
Stephen King. He has remained prolific, relevant, and
creatively driven for decades. I would want to understand how he continues
generating ideas, maintains that level of discipline, and keeps writing after
accomplishing so much.
What would you do if you could live forever?
Everything. I would learn as much as possible, travel
everywhere, master every skill that interested me, and create without worrying
that time was running out.
What scares you the most?
Not accomplishing what I have set out to do. Failure
does not scare me as much as reaching the end of my life knowing I did not
fully pursue what I was capable of.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Series: The
Continuity Cycle, Book One
Released September 22, 2026
The house was free.
The contract was not.
Nora Feldman thought divorce had finally freed her from the
Feldman family.
Then her billionaire ex-father-in-law dies and leaves her a
house, a monthly stipend, and a condition tied to BioContinuum's newest funeral
technology: the Continuity Suite.
The company calls it care. The lawyers call it binding. The
homeowners association calls it compliant.
Nora calls it hell.
What begins as a grotesque inheritance arrangement soon
becomes a nightmare of corporate control, biotech grief, suburban surveillance,
and polite language hiding something monstrous.
In Feldman Oaks, even death comes with terms and conditions.
CUSTODIAN EMBEDDED
is a darkly comic speculative horror novel about inheritance, obedience, and
the terrifying business of keeping the dead close.
Other links to connect with the author: Instagram | TikTok | YouTube | X
* AI disclosure - the author used AI to assist with research, proofreading, and cover generation.



No comments:
Post a Comment