Friday, January 14, 2011

Stylish Blogger... Me??

Ottilie Weber, author of the YA novel of End of the Line and fellow blogger, just spotted me an award! It's the Stylish Blogger Award and I am very flattered to be in possession of it.


As with any award, this one comes with a list of things to complete:
  • Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award
  • Share 7 things about yourself
  • Award 10 recently discovered great bloggers
  • Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award!

So 7 things about me... what to share.. what to share..

1. I am addicted to chapstick
2. I am terrified of spiders
3. I hate getting my hair wet when I go swimming
4. I own an 8 year old Goldfish and a 5 1/2 foot long Iguana
5. I believe I officially own more unread books than books I have read (gulp)
6. I am hopelessly addicted to Twitter (follow me @tnbbc !)
7. I LOVE indie publishers and authors

Now for the hard part... 10 recently discovered great bloggers... Only 10???

1. 100 Stars or Less - she reviews lesser known books and authors.
2. Our Fiction Addiction - two girls who blog about their book habits.
3. Me and My Short Stories - a girl on a mission to read and review one short story a day in 2011
4. A Book a Day Till I Can Stay - a guy reading a book a day until he's granted temp residency and a work visa in Australia
5. Caustic Cover Critic - it's all about the cover art
6. Corpuslibris - photo essays on books and bodies, fun stuff

I will hold off on the other 4 for now. I am on a niche-blog kick right now, always on the lookout for those quirky, unlikely, incredibly creative blogs that celebrate books in their own funky ways.
If you know of any that you think I might enjoy, or that you think are worthy of the final 4 copies of the Stylish Award, nominate them here!

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I agree that you are quite stylish. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Lori. That is awesome!

    I like the list of things to do to claim the award. That's really neat. Hopefully I can get on that really soon. You made my day and put a smile on my face :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your welcome Erika, I like what you do and what your blog stands for! We are like-minded, you and I!

    Thanks Christine :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Done and done.

    Cheers Lori.

    http://abookadaytillicanstay.wordpress.com/2011/01/18/announcement-the-stylish-blogger-award/

    ReplyDelete
  5. It took me a while but I finally got my post up:

    http://100starsorless.blogspot.com/2011/01/stylish-blogger-award.html

    Thanks again, and congrats to you Lori. You really do deserve the award.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the award Lori! We'll be sure to link back soon.

    ReplyDelete