Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Vampire Poetry!?!

Read 2/10/10 - 2/10/10
4 Stars- Strongly Recommended

Thanks to Ryan, who agreed to mail me out a copy of this book to review.

What's better than curling up with a book of poetry on a snowy evening? How about curling up with a book of Vampire poetry! Ryan Mecum has a way with words in this quirky collection of haiku's written by a man who was turned into a vampire buy the woman he loved. He chronicles his journey to America, and documents not only the search for his beloved, but also the times through which he exists, and his influence on historical moments.

Here are some of my favorite entries:

"How to eat someone:
Hold tight, bite neck, suck hard, drink.
Repeat as needed."

"Blood tastes like cherries
mixed with a lot of copper
and way too much salt."

"I don't get women.
I go and murder for love
and she's mad at me."

"I play with my food
by sucking blood through the holes
then blowing it back"


I am dying to get my hands on his Zombie Haiku. Who knew word groups of 5 - 7 - 5 could be so much fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment