Yeah, ok, the word "hiring" might be a little misleading in this case, because as I'm sure you know, TNBBC is one-hundred-percent a labor of love. We're ad free and we don't take payment for reviews. However, we do love our review contributors to pieces and we can't wait to crush you with our love too!
TNBBC is currently looking for a few more review contributors, and we'd like to add a columnist or two, just to spice things up a bit. Because you'd be doing this for gratis, we're super flexible with our scheduling. There's no nine-to-five commitment here. No minimum number of reviews or posts you need to fulfill per month. You'll find we're really rather easy going.
So let's talk detail, to help you decide whether TNBBC would be a good home-away-from-home for you:
- A love and passion for small press and/or self publishing is a must.
- Writing skillz. You haz some.
- Let your personality shine, shine, shine.
Our current review contributors each have their own, unique voice. We want our readers to know who wrote the review without ever looking at that byline.
And before you ask, we want your good, bad, and ugly! We don't sugar coat. (Do you let fly with colorful language from time to time? We are no strangers to the f-bomb around these parts.) If you hate it so hard lightening bolts shot out of your eyes and disintegrated the pages right out of your hands, we want to know why. If you love the hell out of the book, come on and scream it from the mountain tops.
- You have ideas. Your ideas are relevant.
- Format is key.
Maybe you're a lister. Someone who prefers to speak in lists. Your column will share whatever soap-box topic you're on in the form of a list, always. Top 5 Reasons I Won't Read Romance. Top 10 Pet Peeves of the Publishing World. Yadda, yadda. yadda.
Maybe you speak in cartoon. Everything you have to say is said best in sketches. So your column will look like clip art or a comic strip panel, always.
The spot is yours, do with it what you will.
So, you think you want in? Here's what you've gotta do next:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Link to some of the things you've done in the past. Never written for a blog before? That's cool too. Then make something up and send it over.
- If you're a reviewer, pitch me your spin - is it genre? is it only international/only women/only backlist? is it personality? What's gonna separate you from the pack?
- If you're a columnist - pitch me your column idea(s).
The great news is there's no deadline. The positions won't close and we'll keep reviewing your "applications" for the reviewer and columnist gigs until we feel we've got what we're looking for. We do promise, however, to get back to you as soon as possible with a yeah or nah when you "apply". We won't leave you hanging! We swear!
We look forward to seeing what you're gonna bring! So come on... BRING IT!