Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Where Writers Write: Adam Golaski


Welcome to another installment of TNBBC's Where Writers Write!

Where Writers Write is a weekly series that will feature a different author every Wednesday as they showcase their writing spaces using short form essay, photos, and/or video. As a lover of books and all of the hard work that goes into creating them, I thought it would be fun to see where the authors roll up their sleeves and make the magic happen. 



This is Adam Golaski. 

Adam is the author of Color Plates and Worse Than Myself. He edited The Problem of Boredom in Paradise: Selected Poems by Paul Hannigan. His blog is called Little Stories







Where Adam Golaski Writes


On a drive to Boston, I jotted notes in marker on the cardboard box that rode shotgun; while seated in the sun I draft an essay on the flyleaf of my copy of Billy Budd. I like to write outdoors, to sketch from the scene. More often, I work in-studio.


Recently, I write at a little table beneath the stairs. You may not be able to see the wallpaper pattern clearly, but it's quite unique--in gold and green, it depicts the island featured in the Robert Aickman short story "The Wine-Dark Sea." In the boombox on the steps is a cassette I found half-buried in Hadley, Mass.

From time to time, I write in an office. There's one with no windows. I dislike the overhead lights, so I use a lamp I hauled out of broom closet. It weighs a ton. The little fluorescent tubes its hood houses hum pleasantly.

The other office is a little more mundane. At the moment, I’m seated on the dining room floor, a box for a table.

Check back next week to find out where Eric Hudspeth writes.

No comments:

Post a Comment