Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Free Poetry I Think You'll Love

So yeah, I've always been a bit of a sucker for good poetry. Not the uber brainy stuff like Yeats, Whitman, or Frost ( I don't enjoy reading my poetry with a side of cliff notes ) but the more modern, angsty, love-ruined-me-for-everyone-else kind of poetry. The shit that holds no punches and comes at you all full frontal with junk swinging in the wind and vunerable-like. Have you read any of that lately?

Well, now you have no excuse! Two of the best poetry collections I have read this year are out online for free... and I strongly encourage you to take a look.

You may recall my very recent gush-fest over Nate Slawson and his collection Panic Attack, USA. His publisher, Yes Yes Books, has released an EP version on their site for your enjoyment.

Here it is in all its "touch you in places it shouldn't" glory.



I had the pleasure of reviewing Piano Rats back in August, before it published, and adored Frankie's "Tell it like it is" trash talking poems. Her ability to drop the F-bomb's nearly put me to shame!! Her publisher, Curbside Splendor, has recently released a mini-version of this collection on their website.

You can sneak a peek here.


As always, you can thank me later! Happy indie-reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment