Friday, August 5, 2011

Why Everyone Should Read an Indie

If you know me at all... you know that, about a year ago, I fell hard and fast for Two Dollar Radio. As far as independent publishing goes, they put out some of the best literature I have ever read. They are also leaps and bounds ahead of their sisters and brothers.


Shall I count the ways?

1. They offered up the first ever lifetime subscription to anyone hardcore enough to tattoo their logo on their body. (This rocked the indie world so hard that two other publishing companies attempted to steal their idea and market it as their own.. posers!)

2. Today, after a cool experience with Drag City, they added a recommendation service to their repertoire. Tell them what authors, books, or movies you like, and they will customize a recommendation from their catalogue to best match your tastes. They'll accept requests via twitter, facebook, and their blog.

Yup. I think I can stop counting now.

Go. Do. And be prepared for Two Dollar Radio to become your new favorite publisher.
(And if you don't mind, tell 'em TNBBC sent you!)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds groovy. I never heard of them before. Did you do the tattoo?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't yet, but it's on my list of things to do :)

    ReplyDelete