Sunday, February 27, 2011

Move Over Oscar...

Tonight, my Twitter feed is overflowing with everyone ooohing and aaahing over what's hot and what's not on the red carpet.

**yawn**

You know what I would like to see? A red carpet event for authors and publishers that is just as highly publicized as the Oscar's or the Grammy's. I would love to see America ooohing and aaahing over what Cormac McCarthy and Margaret Atwood were wearing, and who they were reading...

Which authors would you geek out over? What authors or publishers do you think deserve an award? What would the categories be? Which titles would win?

7 comments:

  1. I do not watch shows like the Oscar's and what not. Though I love your author idea!! Could you imagine? The best book for mystery? Best for YA? Best man worth swooning over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know... Best Character in a Leading Role? Best Child Narrator? Best Editing? It could go on and on....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree! What a cool idea. And the Gaga of the show would come in a dress of printed papers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It would be so broad and fun though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loudquietgirl - a dress that might look something like this? http://bit.ly/hDEeqR

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! I would be way more likely to watch that.

    LOL @ loudquietgirl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe we should start our own book blogger book award ceremony??!! The BBBAC's... hahhaaha

    ReplyDelete