Friday, August 6, 2010

It Truly is the Little Things

I'm not going to lie. Nothing makes me happier than coming home to a beautiful new book waiting patiently for me in the mailbox or on the doorstep.

Well. Hang on. Nothing makes me happier than coming home to a beautiful new book that is signed by the author and waiting patiently for me...

Ok. Wait. Nothing makes me happier than a beautiful new book that is signed by the author and accompanied by a personalized card, and bookmark, and other little trinkets of affection!

Ann Mauren is a great example of this.

Not only was her book signed, but she attached a coin - which has some significance to the main character in the novel - a bloggers pamphlet, a couple of cool bookmark cards, and a personalized note thanking me for my interest and letting me know the book is undergoing some minor changes, so she will be sending me out a new copy when it's ready.


Antonia Banyard, while not signing the book, sent along a bookmark and a personalized card that depicts one of the locations from her book.

The little extras go a long way with this book blogger! It shows me that the author appreciates the fact that I accepted their book for review. It not only catches my attention, but it also ensures that I will remember those authors. It's one of the reasons I enjoy working directly with the authors.

What puts a smile on your face? Which authors shower you with extra little gifts to entice you to read their novels?

No comments:

Post a Comment