Monday, February 5, 2018

Where Writers Write: Judithe Little

Welcome to another installment of TNBBC's Where Writers Write!


Where Writers Write is a series in which authors showcase their writing spaces using short form essay, photos, and/or video. As a lover of books and all of the hard work that goes into creating them, I thought it would be fun to see where the authors roll up their sleeves and make the magic happen. 







This is Judithe Little.

Judithe grew up in Virginia and earned a Bachelor of Arts in Foreign Affairs from the University of Virginia. After a brief time studying in France and interning at the U.S. Department of State, she earned her law degree from the University of Virginia School of Law, where she was on the Editorial Board of the Journal of International Law and a Dillard Fellow. She is a member of the Historical Novel Society, Writer’s League of Texas, Houston Writers Guild, and the Churchill Society. She lives with her husband and three children in Houston, Texas, where she is a lawyer at Haynes and Boone. Wickwythe Hall is her first novel. Learn more at judithelittle.com.











Where Judithe Little Writes


Most writers work in an office or at the very least from a desk. Not me. I work curled up on the couch in the middle of my family room. You can find me there with my lap top on my lap, surrounded by dogs and kids going in and out. It might seem weird that my office is a couch and my lap is my desk, but my kids are growing up. My oldest is going to college next year. I want to write, but I want to be around them too while they’re still here. Maybe once they’re all gone, I’ll take over a bedroom. I’ll turn it into a real writer’s office with a real desk and a bulletin board on the wall with timelines and inspiring pictures. But I’m so used to being where the action is, it might be too quiet. I might not be able to get anything done.







No comments:

Post a Comment