Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Where Writers Write: Barbara Richardson


Welcome to another installment of TNBBC's Where Writers Write!

Where Writers Write is a weekly series that will feature a different author every Wednesday as they showcase their writing spaces using short form essay, photos, and/or video. As a lover of books and all of the hard work that goes into creating them, I thought it would be fun to see where some of TNBBC's favorite authors roll up their sleeves and make the magic happen. 



This is Barbara K. Richardson, author of Tributary, which released back in September.

She believes in the interconnectedness of all things. How else can you explain Mitt Romney running for president and The Book of Mormon musical storming Broadway just as her Utah historical novel comes to print? 

Barbara lives in Colorado with her sweetheart of 34 years. She designs landscapes and edits manuscripts for a living. And now, she shows us where she writes:



Where Barbara K. Richardson Writes



The real writing nearly always takes place in bed. Just as my mind relinquishes the cares of the day and swims out into restful waters, bam. Insight comes. I keep my Mighty Bright clipped to a notepad, with pen, on the window sill. I write into the darkness. With my latest novel, Tributary, I stayed up six hours a night taking notes for three weeks. I am a bloodshot-eyed novelist.


Later, when I type up the manuscript, every word is supported by the OED!



Check back tomorrow when , back on our regular schedule, we discover where Lydia Millet writes.

No comments:

Post a Comment